COVID-19 Vaccinations at North!

COVID-19 Vaccinations at North!

Justice Urias

The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted everyday life. We have had to adapt to social distancing and wearing mask to stay healthy. While the choice to get vaccinated is up to us, the Phoenix Union High School District has provided students and staff with opportunities to get vaccinated.

Here at North, the vaccine is offered every Tuesday after school. The bookstore is giving out $100 Target gift cards to students who show proof of vaccination and a parent permission slip. They will be offering the gift cards until December 16th. Phoenix Union has worked hard in making the vaccine accessible to its students and staff, as well as the general public. Phoenix Union has given more than 40,000 COVID vaccines across 12 sites, all part of their “Vax to the Max” campaign has encouraged students and staff to get their vaccine.

Freshmen English teacher, Ms. Galaz, is fully vaccinated with Moderna and has received her booster. She states that she has encouraged her friends and family to get vaccinated by sharing her experiences with getting the vaccine. She also mentioned the 400 dollar district incentive staff were given if they were fully vaccinated.

As an Indigenous women, my demographic is the most hurt by COVID. We all need to do our part to protect each other. ”

— Ms. Jessica Galaz